the first steps towards Diversity & Inclusion is not only to talk about it and chase it during annual audits, KPI reviews or while planning to participate in the Converted Awards Ceremonies on Diversity & Inclusion but feeling for it through-out the year. Here are a few ways organizations may achieve diversity and inclusion:
- The readiness and maturity of an organization’s diversity and inclusion initiatives determines their overall success and longevity. It can’t be taken just as an option and only a lousy cross-functional team works on it. Rather, every leader and stakeholder must feel the philosophy and concept of diversity and inclusivity.
- In many organizations there is a lot of energy in the initial period of ideation & conceptualization stage of Diversity & Inclusion strategy. The tempo & momentum is lost somewhere in between, where it is laid-back in the KPI sheets of only limited few HR folks.
- Why’ is clear and the resolve is deep, a strong phase-wise action plan is needed. Not every activity can be concluded in a limited time frame; it takes time and a successful Diversity & Inclusion strategy will take ample time to be successful.
- Diversity & Inclusion agenda and action-plans are perennial in nature and hold an angle in all People strategies and initiatives at the World Bank. The next step is a dedicated implementation, governed and reviewed by the leaders at all echelons of the organization.
- A well-executed plan includes measurements and statistics. If the impact of Diversity & Inclusion strategy on entire organization efficiency and effectiveness is not quantified and updated to top management, it weakens the continuity of any additional Diversity & Inclusion step.
Looking to hire Leaders for your firm?