The Great Resignation is a massive change in how people see their jobs. Current and potential employees want a better quality of life at work. They think that factors such as flexibility and well-being are essential. They even check out the mission and values of potential employers.
In an exclusive interview with People Matters, Maria Zhang, Senior Director, Human Resources, APAC at Juniper Networks, discusses shifts in employee expectations and how firms can adapt their value propositions.
- Employees’ expectations: The global pandemic showed that remote work could be more productive. Today’s employees embrace hybrid work arrangements. More than 56% of Asia Pacific employees want flexible office and remote work. Companies wish to have well-being-focused working cultures. Also, 40% of Millennials choose a firm for its environmental initiatives. Sustainability is a vital aspect of business objectives and a success indicator.
- Expectations on today’s mega-social & culture trends: Employees want their employers to lead discussions on issues such as diversity and sustainability. Millennials and Generation Z will be the next generation of employees. They will hold companies accountable. This is why many global corporations have made sustainability commitments to reinforce their responsibility to ensure a sustainable future for their employees, customers, and partners.
- Employee value proposition: Traditionally, an EVP is about describing the company to a potential employee, including what makes it special and what it stands for. EVPs should be directed to employees these days. Some ways to do this are to offer flexibility, hybrid work arrangements, platforms for personal growth, better tools for working together, or workplace and affinity networks. In the last few years, people have significantly changed how they think about employee benefits. Benefits programmes are becoming more digitized and cloud-based, making them globally accessible.
- A flexible model for existing and new employees: A successful hybrid collaboration model balances employee demands and preferences. “Collaboration days” allow offices to reopen without worrying about safety. Companies must be honest and consistent regarding flexible work. Companies must show they care about employee health and safety.
- Role of HR: Human Resources ensures talent is a company priority. Remote work, digitization, and resource reallocation are vital concerns today. HR must help leaders rethink the company’s future.
Looking for Top Executive Search Firms in China?
Trust Cornerstone International Group – China for hiring the best talent!
Leave a Reply