The new workplace will command HR to operate far creatively from how we work today. Decades ago, HR was a personnel management department that merely carried out administrative tasks. It then grew into a policy-making position that kept employees’ welfare at the center of all its decisions.
Today, HR has metamorphosed further. It now invests significant time in attracting the right talent and managing employee engagement and development, and strengthening the overall organizational culture in this hyper-competitive talent market.
But the change is not over yet, there’s an intense need to innovate quickly, provide low-cost solutions, and accentuate a good customer experience. It’s time to now grow into a Strategic Business partner and a Change Agent.
Moving in this direction will require HR to focus on:
1. Employer branding: The war for talent is real today. HR cannot just be the recruiters but will also have to market the workplace, brand organization policies and promote employee stories to show (and not tell) what organizations offer. HR will have to think like marketers and excel in storytelling. This will set their organizations apart.
2. Embracing D&I: As the businesses are going global, HR has to play an essential role in embracing diversity and promoting an inclusive culture that adopts the differences this global scale brings along.
3. Embedding D&A: Embedding Data and Analytics can bring about real, deep insights. It can draw connections between various organizational dimensions, shape new practices, and make better talent decisions that finally affect the business outcomes.
4. Raising the bar from Employee Engagement to Employee Experience:
Employee Engagement will always be the focus area.
In addition to improving employee engagement, there are numerous ways to improve employee experience. HR can leverage technology and behavioural science expertise to realize a customized employee experience.
5. Driving performance in uncertain environments:
HR may have to review the way organizations are structured today. They have to encourage a flat structure and create an ecosystem that empowers teams. The rise of hybrid work models/gig workforce will provide access to a broader range of talent, greater flexibility, and improved productivity.
6. Embracing a Unlearn-Learn-relearn culture:
With the fast-changing external environment HR will have to play a critical role in creating a robust learning ecosystem and a culture where employees can thrive.
One of the Top Executive Search Firms in China!